What are you looking for?
"Content" means all content on this Site, including all information, graphics, trademarks, logos, designs, text, photos, films, sounds, software and applications;
"Contribution(s)" means anything that a user posts on this Site or sends to Comic Relief, including any photographs, video or audio clips, comments or posts or competition entries;
This Site and all the Content on it is owned by Comic Relief (or its licensors and content providers). All rights in the Content are reserved to their respective owners, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Any Contribution you send or post to this Site remains your property, but Comic Relief may use your Contribution as described under "Your Contributions" below. You may not use any Content on this Site unless it is expressly stated that you may do so. Where we state that it is permitted to do so, you may download and use Content, but only for the purposes of raising awareness about Comic Relief.
You may not:
- Use any Content on this Site for personal gain, for any commercial purpose, to advertise or sell any products or services, or to promote a business;
- Copy, transmit, store or distribute any part of this Site, unless we have expressly indicated that you may do so. You may not alter, modify, adapt, reverse engineer, disassemble or create derivative works of any software which is accessible through this Site; or
- Collect or use any personal details from this Site.
If you send or post any Contributions to this Site or to Comic Relief, you confirm that you are granting Comic Relief a perpetual (and irrevocable), royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive licence to use the material in your Contribution for any purpose in any media in any part of the world. This includes the right for Comic Relief to copy, edit, publish, grant sub-licences, and exercise all other copyright and publicity rights over the material. You also waive all ‘moral rights’ in the materials (‘moral rights’ are described in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988).
If you do not wish to grant us these rights, please do not send or post your Contribution to this Site or to Comic Relief.
You must not post or send any Contributions to this Site or to Comic Relief that you do not have permission to publish or share in this way, for example clips of music videos or TV shows. By sending or posting a Contribution to this Site or Comic Relief you warrant that:
- Your Contribution does not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights, which include any copyright, moral rights or trade mark rights;
- You have necessary permission from everyone in a picture or video. For children and young people the permission must be from their parent or legal guardian.
You should always give careful consideration before making public any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example telephone number, home address or email address), especially anything that could identify a child or young person.
Comic Relief does not endorse any Contribution or any opinion, statement, or advice expressed by users of this Site wherever it may appear. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Comic Relief expressly disclaims all liability in connection with any Contributions made by users of this Site wherever it may appear.
You may only use this Site for lawful purposes and you agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct and to be solely responsible for all things arising from your use of this Site. You may not submit, publish, post, distribute or transmit any defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful or objectionable Contributions. You may not interfere with anyone’s use or enjoyment of this Site, for example by threatening, bullying or sending junk mail.
If you register with us and are asked to provide a password, you agree:
- To keep your password secure and confidential and not allow anyone else to use your email address or password to access this Site;
- To notify Comic Relief immediately if you become aware of any improper or unauthorised use of this Site or your details or your password:
- Not to do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any password-protected area of this Site; and
- Not to create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Site, or other users, or to seek to pass yourself off as another user.
(PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
You agree that you are solely responsible for your use of this site, and that to the fullest extent permitted at law, Comic Relief, its officers, trustees, employees and agents do not make any representations and do not give any warranties, express or implied, concerning this Site and the Content. In particular, Comic Relief does not warrant or represent that this Site or the Content is virus free.
All software provided by third parties (for example Acrobat Reader and RealPlayer) is the sole responsibility of that third party.
This Site may contain links to websites operated by parties other than Comic Relief. Such links are provided for your convenience only and you access these links at your own risk. Comic Relief is not responsible for the content of any third party websites linked to or from this Site.
When you supply any personal information to Comic Relief, we have legal obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 in the way we deal with that information. In particular, we must:
- Collect the information fairly
- Let you know how we will use it
- Keep the information secure
When you donate, register online, contact us, or interact with us in any other way, Comic Relief may sometimes receive personal information about you, such as your:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Debit or credit card details
We use your information in a number of ways, such as:
- Sending you information about Comic Relief, our supporters and beneficiaries for marketing purposes, including via Facebook
- Processing a donation that you have made
- Processing an order from our online shop
- Dealing with entries into competitions
- Processing a grant or job application
- Responding to correspondence you have sent to us
If you have provided us with your personal details to participate in our Red Nose Day or Sport Relief campaigns (for example, to set up a Giving Page, or to order from our shop), and you tell us you wish to participate in another campaign (for example, by entering an event for Sport Relief; setting up a fundraising page for Red Nose Day; or a Giving page, for either), we will use the personal details you provided to us on that previous occasion to save you having to give them to us again.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your express consent. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time. Please see the ‘Unsubscribe’ section below for more information.
If you have consented to receive marketing, we may occasionally contact you to ask if you would be prepared to help us with our market research, although participation is purely voluntary.
When you visit our site, we sometimes collect information that enables us to identify you and provide you with a more personalised service. We also aggregate statistics about our supporters to enable us to operate more effectively, but these statistics do not include information which can identify individuals.
We will keep your personal information confidential, and will not supply it to any third party without your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so. Where we work with partner organisations, we may need to refer your questions to them in order to respond fully.
We sometimes use third parties to process your information on our behalf (for example, to process donations, send out mailings, or analyse data). However, we require them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own business purposes.
Some of our service providers may be located outside Europe, such as the U.S. or Canada, and by providing personal information to us, you consent to your information being processed on our behalf in these countries.
By providing personal information to us, you consent that we may transfer your information within Comic Relief’s group of companies, and that your personal information may be transferred to a third party in the event of a reorganisation or merger of Comic Relief.
If you are under 16, please make sure you have your parent or guardian's permission before you provide us with any personal information. Children under 16 must not provide us with personal information without this permission.
You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time. Simply follow the ‘unsubscribe’ links on our emails, or you can email or write to us at the following address with your request:
Comic Relief UK
89 Albert Embankment
Phone: 020 7820 2000
Cookies are small pieces of information (in the form of text files) which are sent from our website to your computer or mobile phone and which are stored on your device's hard drive. They help you use our site more effectively, and help us assess how our site is used.
You can find out more about cookies and how to remove them from your browser at aboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you remove some of our cookies, you may not be able to use our site as effectively.
During your visits to our site you may notice some cookies that are not related to Comic Relief. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
Here are a list of the main cookies that we use on this site, and what they do. By using this site, you agree that we can place these cookies on your device:
respimg & respimg_ratio
These are used to recognise if you are using a mobile device to optimise viewing of the site.
_ut* & _ga*
We use a service called Google Analytics which collects information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to promote our campaigns online (including via search and display advertising and using a feature called “remarketing” (displaying relevant ads to people who have visited our site whilst they browse other sites), as well as to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
Google Analytics also provides high level visitor demographics and interests data taken from the Google Ads Display Network. This additional information helps us better understand our audience and improve the services we offer.
We use a service called Heap Analytics which collects information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site and user experisnce. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
This site is owned and operated by Comic Relief whose place of business is 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP, UK. Comic Relief is the operating name of Charity Projects, a charity registered in England & Wales with number 326568 and in Scotland with number SC039730, and a company limited by guarantee registered in England with number 1806414. Comic Relief Limited is a subsidiary of Charity Projects and a limited company registered in England with number 1967154. Our registered offices are Hanover House, 14 Hanover Square, London W1S 1HP. Our VAT number is 773865187.
Fundraising dos and don'ts
- If you are fundraising for Red Nose Day 2017, please make sure you stay legal – and take a moment to read the following guidelines and information before you start:
- Please make sure your fundraising materials (e.g. posters) include the line: ‘In support of Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland)’.
- Your fundraising materials must not suggest that you represent the charity, only that you are fundraising in support of us.
- If you are raising money in the course of a business, deducting any amount to cover costs, or splitting the money raised between Comic Relief and another charity, then you’ll need a Fundraising Agreement. Contact us here to get one.
- We don’t advise you to collect money in a public place or door to door. If you do choose to do so, you’ll need your own licence from your local authority (you should find details about this on your local authority’s website).
- If children (under 16) are involved in fundraising in any way, please make sure that they have permission from their parent or guardian, and are properly supervised by a responsible adult. Children should never approach strangers about fundraising.
- If you are planning any type of lottery (such as a raffle, tombola or sweepstake), please be aware that there are strict rules about what you can do. For England, Wales and Scotland, the Gambling Commission publishes useful guidance on lotteries at gamblingcommission.gov.uk. In Northern Ireland, the Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action publishes a good practice guide at nicva.org.
- You should always consider whether you need appropriate insurance cover for your fundraising activity. If necessary, carry out a risk assessment and make sure participants are fully briefed about the activity.
- For more information on fundraising please see the Institute of Fundraising website, how2fundraise.org.
Disclaimer – please read!
Please be safe! Whilst we really appreciate your support, Comic Relief is not responsible for organising, supervising or hosting your Red Nose Day activity. All activities, and participation in them, are at the organisers’ and participants’ own risk. Your activity should not pose a danger to you or any onlookers.
Comic Relief does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage, or for any death or personal injury, arising out of any fundraising activity including liability as a result of negligence (except death or personal injury caused by Comic Relief’s negligence).
If you wish to donate to Comic Relief or sponsor anyone for Red Nose day 2017, please note that your donation or sponsorship payment is non-refundable. If you sponsor someone your sponsorship is not conditional on the activity being completed.
Safety tips for parents & guardians
- If your child would like to fundraise for Red Nose Day, here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Please make sure your child understands that they need your permission before they start any fundraising.
- We recommend that a responsible adult properly supervises children under the age of 16 who are involved in fundraising.
- We recommend that children don’t approach strangers to ask them for money or to get involved in their fundraising activity.
- Please always take care when publishing any information about children, in particular their surname, school name, home address, or photo to ensure that under-16s are not easily identifiable.
- Always check with other parents/guardians before you involve their children in fundraising, especially if their activity is being photographed or filmed.
- We recommend that an adult looks after any money that is collected, and is responsible for paying the money to us. We don’t recommend that children pay us money directly or send us their details.
- The best way for your child to fundraise is by setting them up with their own Red Nose Day Giving Page, which we have specifically tailored for under-16s. Giving Pages for under-16s can’t be found through any search on rednoseday.com and a parent/guardian’s email address is the only one we ever request and contact (we will only use this email address to communicate specifically about the U16 Giving Page). Please see our Online Safety Tips if you or your child are setting up a Red Nose Day Giving Page. You can help your child with their fundraising by downloading a kids’ sponsorship form.
Competition terms & conditions
Comic Relief ‘Win A Visit From A Surprise Guest For Red Nose Day’ Terms & Conditions
- By entering this free prize draw, you agree to be bound by these terms & conditions.
- To enter this prize draw, you must be a UK resident and aged 18 or over and be currently working in an educational establishment located in the UK. Only one entry per educational establishment is permitted.
- By pre-ordering a primary fundraising pack or secondary fundraising pack online at rednoseday.com, or via post using a Red Nose Day schools mailing, you will be automatically entered into a free prize draw. If you want to opt out please email email@example.com by 11.50pm on Friday 22nd July 2016.
- There is no other method of entry other than that specified in these terms & conditions.
- Entries must be received between 12.01 am on Thursday 16th June 2016 and 11.50pm on Friday 22nd July 2016 (the “Closing Date”). Any entries received after the Closing Date will not be included in the prize draw.
- There is no charge for entry and no purchase requirements are necessary. Internet service provider’s fees may apply when accessing the internet.
- The winner will be selected at random on September 1st 2016 by random.org. This decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be announced in September 2016 and contacted by phone and email. If we cannot contact the winner after 5 working days, we may award the prize to another valid entry drawn at random.
- The winner’s name and educational establishment will be available to view at Comic Relief’s offices (see below) for 30 days from the date of announcement of the winner.
- The prize is a visit from a special Red Nose Day guest to your educational establishment located in the UK. This must be arranged to take place on a mutually convenient day within the months of January, February or March 2017 between 11am and 3pm and will last approximately 1 hour. Comic Relief will use its reasonable endeavours to book a suitable guest for the prize visit. In the event that Comic Relief is unable to book a suitable guest for the prize visit, it will substitute a prize of similar value. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Comic Relief may disqualify you from winning the prize if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that you are in breach of these terms & conditions or your participation in the prize draw is fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
- This prize draw is not open to employees or contractors of Comic Relief (or anyone else involved in organising the prize draw) or their direct family members.
- Comic Relief may cancel the prize draw for reasons outside of its reasonable control.
- Comic Relief may amend these terms & conditions without notice, by posting changes to them on this website www.rednoseday.com.
- Comic Relief does not accept any responsibility for any postal failure, network congestion, technical failure or other problem in any telephone line, network, system, provider or otherwise which results in any communication not being properly recorded or received.
- To the extent permitted by law, Comic Relief exclude all warranties and representations (whether express or implied), and all its liability (including without limitation for negligence) regarding this prize draw or the prizes (other than for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence) including without limitation all indirect or consequential loss or damages, loss of profit, or loss or damage to data.
- By entering the prize draw, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the prize draw may be held and used by Comic Relief or its agents and suppliers to administer the prize draw.
- These terms & conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- This competition is promoted by Comic Relief of 1st Floor, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland).
Comic Relief 2016 Supporter Survey Free Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- By entering this competition, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- To enter this competition, you must be aged 18 years or over and be a UK resident.
- The survey prize draw is for a Great British Bake Off apron signed by Gok Wan, Jonathan Ross, Zoella, Mel Giedroyc, Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood.
- Entry will be based on completing a survey emailed to supporters of Red Nose Day and Sport Relief. Only one entry per person is allowed. If more than one entry is received only the final entry will be eligible.
- There is no other method of entry other than that specified in these terms and conditions.
- The closing date for entries is midnight on 31st July 2016.
- The prize winner will be selected at random by Comic Relief and contacted by email. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be announced on or around 12th August 2016 and contacted by email. If we cannot contact the winner after 1 day, we may award the prize to the next randomly selected entry. If we cannot contact the second randomly selected entry after 1 day we may award the prize to the third randomly selected entry and so on.
- There is no charge for entry and no purchase requirements are necessary. Internet service provider’s fees may apply when accessing the internet.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Comic Relief may substitute an alternative prize of similar value. Failure to claim the prize by the time or in the manner specified by Comic Relief will make any claim invalid.
- Comic Relief may disqualify entries from winning if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that they are in breach of these terms and conditions or your participation is fraudulent, unfair, offensive or unlawful.
- This competition is not open to employees of Comic Relief or their direct family members.
- Comic Relief may cancel the competition for reasons outside of its reasonable control.
- Comic Relief may amend these terms and conditions without notice, by posting changes to them on this website should circumstances require such amendment.
- Comic Relief does not accept any responsibility for any network congestion, technical failure or other problem in any telephone line, network, system, provider or otherwise which results in any communication not being properly recorded or received.
- To the extent permitted by law, Comic Relief exclude all warranties and representations (whether express or implied), and all its liability (including without limitation for negligence) regarding this competition or the prizes (other than for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence) including without limitation all indirect or consequential loss or damages, loss of profit, or loss or damage to data.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- This competition is promoted by Comic Relief Limited of 1st Floor, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP, a subsidiary of Comic Relief. Sport Relief is an initiative of Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland).