"Content" means all content on this Site, including all information, graphics, trade marks, logos, designs, text, photos, films, sounds, software and applications;
"Contribution(s)" means anything that a user posts on this Site or sends to Comic Relief, including any photographs, video or audio clips, comments or posts or competition entries;
"you", "your" and "yours" means a person(s) accessing this Site.
This Site and all the Content on it is owned by Comic Relief (or its licensors and content providers). All rights in the Content are reserved to their respective owners, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Any Contribution you send or post to this Site remains your property, but Comic Relief may use your Contribution as described under "Your Contributions" below.
You may not use any Content on this Site unless it is expressly stated that you may do so. Where we state that it is permitted to do so, you may download and use Content, but only for the purposes of raising awareness about Comic Relief. You may not:
- use any Content on this Site for personal gain, for any commercial purpose, to advertise or sell any products or services, or to promote a business;
- copy, transmit, store or distribute any part of this Site, unless we have expressly indicated that you may do so. You may not alter, modify, adapt, reverse engineer, disassemble or create derivative works of any software which is accessible through this Site; or
- collect or use any personal details from this Site.
If you send or post any Contributions to this Site or to Comic Relief, you confirm that you are granting Comic Relief a perpetual (and irrevocable), royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive licence to use the material in your Contribution for any purpose in any media in any part of the world. This includes the right for Comic Relief to copy, edit, publish, grant sub-licences, and exercise all other copyright and publicity rights over the material.
You also waive all 'moral rights' in the materials ('moral rights' are described in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988).
By sending or posting a Contribution to this Site or Comic Relief you warrant that:
- your Contribution does not infringe any person's intellectual property rights, which include any copyright, moral rights or trade mark rights;
- you have necessary permission from everyone in a picture or video. For children and young people the permission must be from their parent or legal guardian;
If you do not wish to grant us these rights, please do not send or post your Contribution to this Site or to Comic Relief.
You must not send or post any Contributions to this Site or to Comic Relief that you do not have permission to publish or share in this way, for example clips of music videos or TV shows.
You should always give careful consideration before making public any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example telephone number, home address or email address), especially anything that could identify a child or young person.
Comic Relief does not endorse any Contribution or any opinion, statement, or advice expressed by users of this Site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Comic Relief expressly disclaims all liability in connection with any Contributions made by users of this Site.
You may only use this Site for lawful purposes and you agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct and to be solely responsible for all things arising from your use of this Site.
You may not submit, publish, post, distribute or transmit any defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful or objectionable Contributions. You may not interfere with anyone's use or enjoyment of this Site, for example by threatening, bullying or sending junk mail.
Registration and Passwords
If you register with us and are asked to provide a password, you agree:
- to keep your password secure and confidential and not allow anyone else to use your email address or password to access this Site;
- to notify Comic Relief immediately if you become aware of any improper or unauthorised use of this Site or your details or your password;
- not to do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any password-protected area of this Site; and
- not to create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Site, or other users, or to seek to pass yourself off as another user.
Rules for Using the Giving Pages and Fundraiser Showcase
- You may only use the Giving Pages to fundraise for Comic Relief.
- You may not advertise, sell anything or promote a business.
- You must not use inappropriate user names, passwords or page names.
- Anything you post is subject to the terms set out in ‘Your Contributions’.
- Anything you post must be civil, polite, tasteful and appropriate.
- Anything you post must not be unlawful, inappropriate or objectionable - this includes anything obscene (e.g. violent or sexually explicit), defamatory, or that someone else might find offensive, upsetting, abusive, or threatening.
- You must not behave disruptively, offensively or abusively – this includes threatening, bullying, harassing or revealing personal details about someone else without their permission.
- Please make sure you have permission from everybody appearing in pictures or videos that you post. This is especially important for children under 16 – you should have the express permission of their parent or guardian, and should consider whether it's appropriate to post the material at all.
- Please do not post anything which is copyrighted, such as music videos or TV shows, and which you don't have permission to use.
- Supporters aged under 16 may not use the Giving Page or the Fundraiser Showcase without their parent or guardian's permission. We recommend that all fundraising is supervised by a responsible adult.
- Under 16’s with a Giving Page must only use the Facebook functionality if they are over 13 years old. We recommend they also check their Facebook privacy settings are appropriate before sharing anything on their Giving Page.
- The views expressed on the Giving Pages and the Fundraiser Showcase pages are those of members of the public, and not necessarily those of Comic Relief.
Limitation of Liability (Please Read Carefully)
You agree that you are solely responsible for your use of this site, and that to the fullest extent permitted at law, Comic Relief, its officers, trustees, employees and agents do not make any representations and do not give any warranties, express or implied, concerning this Site and the Content. In particular, Comic Relief does not warrant or represent that this Site or the Content is virus free.
All software provided by third parties (for example Acrobat Reader and RealPlayer) is the sole responsibility of that third party.
Donations and Sponsorship
If you wish to donate to Comic Relief or sponsor anyone for Red Nose Day 2013, please note that your donation or sponsorship payment is non-refundable. If you sponsor someone to attempt any activity in support of Comic Relief, your sponsorship is not conditional on the activity being completed.
Third Party Websites
This Site may contain links to websites operated by parties other than Comic Relief. Such links are provided for your convenience only and you access these links at your own risk. Comic Relief is not responsible for the content of any third party websites linked to or from this Site.
Comic Relief reserves the right at its sole discretion to discontinue or amend any aspect of this Site at any time.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Comic Relief is a charity registered in England, Wales and Scotland and its fundraising activities are directed at the United Kingdom only.